- Nigerian finance minister says country needs to tap its non-oil revenues
- Ivory Coast slashes budget on low cocoa prices, President Says
- Nigeria's Buhari Suspends Top Aides Over Graft Allegations
- Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa Rebounds to a Projected 2.6% in 2017
- Kenyan Economy Expands at Fastest Pace in Five Years in 2016
Malta/Barcelona (8 February 2017). Mediterrania Capital Partners, the regional Private Equity firm focusing on growth investments for companies in North African and Sub-Saharan countries, announces that MC II’s portfolio companies delivered 64% Cumulative EBITDA growth since 2014.
Until December 2016, while under Mediterrania Capital´s tenure, the Cumulative EBITDA of MC II´s Portfolio Companies reached €53 million, up 64% since 2014. In addition, Cumulative Revenues reached €340.8 million – a 63% growth rate – and Cumulative Net Income CAGR amounted to €24.5 million – a 42% growth rate – in the same period.
Nowadays 80% of MC II’s funds have been invested through minority participations in the following companies:
– BS Invest – Leading retail clothing group of companies selling international apparel brands including the French Jennyfer and Celio, and the Spanish Inditex group and Mango. Operates in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
– Cash Plus – Money transfer company based in Morocco, active in both national and international cash transfer businesses.
– C.E.C.I. – Moroccan group of companies specialising in truck body manufacture, truck and bus assembly, and spare parts sales. Also operates in Algeria.
– Cieptal Cars – Algerian company engaged in the long term car rental and transportation businesses.
– Randa – Leader in Tunisia in wheat collection, transformation and distributions. Exportings to countries across Africa.
– Medtech Group – Leading IT system integrator incorporating solutions from Oracle, Microsoft, NCR, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, EMC and IBM. Operates in Morocco, Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe.
– UPM (Université Privé de Marrakech) – Leading University with 3,200 students in Morocco and expanding across Africa.
“We are extremely pleased with the overall performance of our portfolio companies. The diligent implementation of our Value Creation Model helps companies grow far beyond the markets in which they operate and set the right foundations for the future,” said Albert Alsina, CEO and Managing Partner of Mediterrania Capital Partners.
About Mediterrania Capital Partners Mediterrania Capital Partners (www.mcapitalp.com) is a dedicated Private Equity firm focusing on growth investments in SMEs and mid-cap companies in Africa. The company started its operations in 2008 under
“Fons Mediterrania Capital” and since 2013 is an independent General Partner Structure. With offices in Abidjan, Algiers, Barcelona, Casablanca, Tunis, and Malta, Mediterrania Capital Partners takes an intensely proactive, hands-on approach to implementing its growth strategy by leading the governance of the companies and driving the key internal value creation process. The partners of Mediterrania Capital have extensive experience in managing companies spanning commercial experience, strategy formulation, finance, and operations.
Consistent with its strategy, Mediterrania Capital Partners continues to search for SMEs with an equity value of €25 million to €400 million and expansion strategies into North African and Sub-Saharan African markets.
Mediterrania Capital Partners is a regulated financial investment manager licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA). Mediterrania Capital II (MC II) is also an MFSA regulated Private Equity Fund.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBxa-EDilIWakYJr1_J6SQ LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/mediterrania-capital-partners